Primavera P6 software can be very useful in delay analysis work. Some of the benefits are described as follows.
1. Filter which activity affect the critical milestones
There could be many delay events happened in a project and each delay event affects certain activities.
What are the delay events or activities impacting the critical milestones?
- Primavera P6 can easily identify the activities affecting a certain milestone.
- Primavera P6 can easily identify the activities affecting the project completion date.
2. Compare the Impacted Schedule with the Baseline
How many day is the project delayed in comparison with the Baseline?
Primavera P6 can produce a report to compare the Impacted Schedule with the Baseline.
In the gantt chart in the picture above, each activity has 2 bars. The yellow bars represent the Baseline and the green / red bar represent the Impacted Schedule. The idea is illustrated in the picture below.
3. Present an individual effect of one delay event or a combined effect of several delay events
Let’s look at a simple project illustrated in the picture below.
There were five delay events occurred during the course of the project.
Primavera P6 can present the effect of the delay events in the following scenarios:
- The individual effect of delay event No. 1
- The individual effect of delay event No. 2
- The combined effect of Delay Event No. 1 and No. 2
- The combined effect of all of the delay events